David Willms of the National Wildlife Federation (and host of the Your Mountain Podcast) joins host Aaron Kindle on this episode to discuss the effect of non-competitive energy leasing on federal public lands and its impact on wildlife habitat, why hunters should care, and proposed legislation to end it.
Intro/Outro music by National Park Radio
- Tester press release on the bill https://www.tester.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=7584
- Bill text https://www.tester.senate.gov/files/documents/EDW20446.pdf
- Cortez Masto Press release on her bill https://www.cortezmasto.senate.gov/news/press-releases/cortez-masto-introduces-legislation-to-prohibit-oil-and-gas-speculation-on-low-potential-lands#:~:text=January%2017%2C%202020-,Cortez%20Masto%20Introduces%20Legislation%20to%20Prohibit%20Oil,Speculation%20on%20Low%20Potential%20Lands&text=introduced%20the%20End%20Speculative%20Oil,or%20no%20potential%20for%20development.
- Your Mountain Podcast http://www.itsyourmountain.com/podcast/
- Unchecked Energy Development Report https://www.nwf.org/-/media/Documents/PDFs/Press-Releases/2020/04-21-20-Unchecked-Energy-Development-Report